A motorcycle accident in California could significantly impact your life. Motorcycle accidents often result in serious injuries or the deaths of loved ones. You could be dealing with mounting medical bills, lost wages, motorcycle repairs, and pain and suffering as a victim. At The Law Offices of Howard Kitay, we help motorcycle crash victims recover. From connecting you to the right doctors to pursuing maximum compensation from a negligent driver, we can assist you with the full legal process. Start with a free consultation about your La Mesa motorcycle accident. Contact us today.
Why Choose Our La Mesa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
- We have stood by La Mesa’s motorcyclists for decades. We know how to protect them from prejudices that may arise during insurance claims and in the courts.
- We have outstanding case results due to our unparalleled efforts. Our lawyers can take claims to trial in San Diego County if necessary for full compensation.
- We provide peace of mind by operating on a contingency fee basis. You will never have to pay your lawyer out of pocket for services.
California Motorcycle Accident Statistics
You may assume you will not get into an accident as a motorcyclist. You might have years of riding experience and training, as well as a long history of being crash-free. Unfortunately, even the most seasoned motorcyclist could get into an accident if he or she is sharing the road with a negligent or reckless driver. Motorcycle accidents happen often in California.
- Throughout the country, 4,985 motorcyclists died in motor vehicle collisions in 2018. Motorcyclists represent a high number of fatalities in relation to the number of riders.
- In 2017, 578 motorcyclists in California lost their lives in traffic accidents. This number decreased by over 15% in 2018, however, with 488 motorcyclist deaths.
- Motorcyclist deaths related to not wearing a helmet also decreased. In 2017, 45 helmetless riders lost their lives. In 2018, this decreased to 30.
- The most common contributing factors in deadly motorcycle accidents are bad weather, failure to wear a helmet, impaired riding, speeding and riding without a license.
- Alcohol-impaired traffic deaths decreased from 1,147 in 2017 to 1,069 in 2018. In 2018, 42% of drivers who died in car accidents had drugs in their systems (of those tested).
Staying up to date on motorcycle accident statistics can help the community recognize the most common issues and resolve them to increase the safety of motorcycle riding in the future. One of the main causes of motorcycle accidents is driver error. If a driver crashed into you while riding in La Mesa, he or she may owe you compensation.
What Caused Your Motorcycle Accident in La Mesa?
It will be necessary to determine the cause of your motorcycle accident before you can seek compensation, in most cases. Under California’s tort-based insurance laws, the person who caused your motorcycle accident will be liable for damages. Negligent drivers cause many motorcycle accidents in La Mesa. Our lawyers can investigate for signs of fault on a driver’s part.
- Breaking a traffic law
- Running a red light
- Driving drunk
- Texting and driving
- Failing to yield
- Passing too closely
- Making an unsafe lane change
Poorly maintained vehicles, motorcycle part defects and dangerous roadways could also cause motorcycle accidents. Once we identify who is at fault for your collision, we can file your claim within California’s deadline. You have a maximum of two years from the date of your motorcycle accident to file. Then, we can fight for full compensation on your behalf.
Contact a La Mesa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Now
A motorcycle accident could cause bone fractures, head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, road rash, lacerations, spine injuries, organ damage, scars and other serious injuries. At The Law Offices of Howard Kitay, We help motorcyclists obtain justice and financial compensation for all types of personal injuries, including emotional trauma. Find out if you have a case and how we may be able to help today. Call our La Mesa personal injury attorneys at (619) 442-0542 or contact us online for a free consultation