The injury or death of a child is among the most devastating tragedies a family can endure. Our San Diego child injury lawyer and attorneys are dedicated to keeping our children safe by holding schools, manufacturers, and operators of amusement activities responsible for the injuries that their negligence causes.
Approximately twenty million children are injured in this country every year due to the negligence of other persons, dangerous products, dog bites, and other causes. Many of these accidents could have been prevented with the use of common sense. When an injury results, it is important to hire an aggressive, experienced personal injury attorney handling child injury claims. Our child injury lawyers will make sure your child gets the best medical care and compensation possible.
Types of Child Injury Accidents
- Birth injuries such as Erb’s Palsy, Cerebral Palsy and Shoulder Dystocia
- Car, truck, motorcycle and other motor vehicle accidents
- Burn injuries due to fireworks, defective products and property accidents
- Slip and falls due to poorly maintained property
- Playground equipment such as bounce houses, swing sets and monkey bars
- Ingestion of household products
- Household fires due to defective wiring or faulty products
- Traumatic brain injuries such as DAI, Anoxic brain injury and concussions
- Swimming related accidents including diving accidents and drowning
- Spinal injuries due to falls, bike accidents, diving accidents and auto accidents
- Scarring and disfigurement due to burns, animal attacks and auto accidents
- Auto accidents such as rear-end collisions and drunk driving accidents
- Premises liability such as slip and falls, restaurant accidents and daycare injuries
- Wrongful death cases caused by auto accidents, child abuse and negligence
- Child molestation and sex abuse by teachers, religious figures and coaches
- Defective and unsafe products such as baby products, toys and furniture
- Dog bites as well as attacks by other domestic animals
Unfortunately, sometimes these injuries can even lead to wrongful death. The CDC estimates that over 9,000 children are killed each year as a result of unintentional injury, that is over 25 children every single day.
Establishing Negligence and Liability
Though most children’s injuries are not preventable, or at least not caused by an adult’s or corporations neglect, some of these injuries can be prevented if the owner of the property or the adult or corporation responsible for the injury had taken appropriate precautions. In these cases, the child’s parents can bring a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible parties in which compensation is sought to pay for the costs of treatment, associated losses, pain, and emotional trauma to the child and the parents as a direct result of the preventable injury.
Because establishing negligence and liability can be quite complex in these situations, it is recommended that individuals wishing to pursue compensation for their child’s injury consult with an experienced San Diego child injury lawyer with extensive experience in this field. At the law offices of Howard Kitay, we have a long track record of proven results for accident victims, and the resources necessary to win these cases. We follow your case through the entire process, conducting relevant investigations, seeking applicable evidence, and representing your interests in court. This attention to detail and commitment to great outcomes has established our reputation in this field.
How The Law Offices of Howard Kitay Can Help
Our law firm was established in 1989. Since then, we have earned the respect of the San Diego legal community while recovering millions of dollars for injured children. The health of your child is our first priority; we will make sure your child gets the best medical treatment available, while you spend quality time with your child.
The Law Offices of Howard Kitay has offices conveniently located in El Cajon, Chula Vista and Mission. We specialize in working with children and families who are dealing with an auto accident, personal injury, or accidental death. We understand no amount of money can provide solace or compensation for the serious injury or death of a child. However, we also understand that failure to act in the immediate aftermath of an accident can severely limit a family’s ability to collect damages. Our firm will work to ensure the resources are available to provide a child with the proper medical care or to permit a family to pick up the pieces and begin to rebuild their life.
Our San Diego child injury lawyers have access to the resources necessary to aggressively investigate and prosecute your claim, including access to other professionals in the fields of law, medicine, investigation, and insurance. Together, our winning team builds compelling cases capable of winning the monetary damages families need to ensure that their injured child receives ongoing medical care, has the funds required to meet future needs, and receives compensation for their pain and suffering.
Contact a San Diego Child Injury Lawyer Today
At the law offices of Howard Kitay, we value children, and our firm is committed to fighting for their protection. If your child has been hurt due to the negligence of another person, it is important you seek legal representation to ensure that your child is provided the treatment needed to make the fullest recovery possible.
To learn more about your options and how we can help your family move on from this unfortunate incident, please call our office today at (619) 442-0542 for your free consultation. Your consultation is a great opportunity to learn more about your legal options and speak directly with an experienced local San Diego child injury lawyer.