When an aviation accident causes life-changing injuries or wrongful deaths, victims and surviving loved ones have the right to seek legal compensation through the civil justice system in California. At the Law Offices of Howard Kitay, our La Mesa aviation accident lawyers care about clients. We offer 100% free initial consultations to clients with questions about recent plane, helicopter, jet or other types of aircraft disasters. Ask your questions and receive honest, straightforward answers from our attorneys when you schedule a meeting in La Mesa. Call (619) 442-0542 24/7 to contact our aviation accident lawyers.
What Sets Our Aviation Accident Lawyers Apart?
- We have been assisting clients with civil claims since 1989.
- We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of injured clients in California.
- We value professional, respectful and honest legal services.
- We communicate openly with our clients, always keeping them in the loop.
- We take La Mesa aviation accident claims on a contingency fee basis.
The Importance of Hiring an Attorney After an Aviation Accident
Aviation accident law is a complex practice area involving dozens of federal regulations and related legal issues. You can easily navigate these laws while protecting your rights when you hire an aviation accident lawyer in La Mesa. It can be difficult to get an insurance company to take your aviation case seriously or offer as much money as your serious injuries demand. With a lawyer representing you, an insurance company must treat your case fairly. Your lawyer may be able to force an insurer to offer fair compensation for your damages.
Did Someone Else Cause Your Aviation Disaster?
Not all aviation accidents are the outcome of negligence. To have grounds for a personal injury or wrongful death claim in California, someone must have been legally responsible (liable) for your aviation accident. At the Law Offices of Howard Kitay, it is our mission to hold those responsible for aviation accidents liable. We can do this by establishing proof of four main elements.
- The defendant owed you a duty of care. The defendant in your claim could be the owner of the aircraft, the pilot, an airline, a product manufacturer or other parties depending on who owed you a duty to exercise reasonable care at the time of your accident.
- The defendant breached a duty of care. A breach of duty refers to the act of negligence or intent to harm that caused the aircraft accident. A pilot error such as failing to accommodate bad weather is an example of a breach of duty.
- The defendant caused the aviation accident. The defendant’s act of negligence must be the proximate, or main, cause of the aviation accident to hold him or her legally responsible.
- The defendant gave you compensable damages. The defendant’s breach of duty must have given you damages for which you are seeking compensation. These can include medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and property damage.
Some of the most common causes of La Mesa aviation accidents are pilot error, pilot inattention, pilot negligence or recklessness, mechanical problems, poor aircraft maintenance, broken federal safety laws, air traffic controller errors, and bad weather. Find out if someone breached a duty of care to you and caused your aviation accident when you hire Howard Kitay. If we find evidence of negligence, we may be able to help you bring a cause of action against the correct defendant in pursuit of damage recovery.
Contact a La Mesa Aviation Accident Lawyer Today
You could receive compensation for your past and future medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages, and more during an aviation accident lawsuit in La Mesa. At the Law Offices of Howard Kitay, we can handle aviation accident claims involving commercial planes, private planes, jet aircraft, helicopters, emergency and police aircraft, and other types of powered aircraft. We look out for the rights of the injured as well as the family members of those killed in California aviation disasters. Find out if you have a case today from our La Mesa personal injury lawyers. Schedule a free legal consultation online or by calling (619) 442-0542.