National City is part of the South Bay region of the San Diego Metropolitan Area. It is the second-oldest city in the county. National City is a popular tourist destination and part of the National City Tourism Marketing District. As a resident or visitor to this city, you will find many moving parts making up the city’s infrastructure.
National City lies about 15 minutes away from the U.S.-Mexico border at Tijuana. The city sees an incredible amount of traffic coming to and from the border daily. Interstates 5 and 805 run through National City, as does State Route 54 and dozens of surface streets. National City Boulevard, Highland Avenue, Plaza Boulevard, and 30th Street all serve as arterial roads in the city. Traversing National City can be difficult for locals and tourists alike due to heavy traffic and a large number of pedestrians. It can be easy to become the victim of someone else’s mistake in a car accident. If this recently happened to you, come to The Law Offices of Howard Kitay for professional legal advice.
Why Choose Our National City Car Accident Lawyers?
- We have decades of experience in car accident law. We have helped thousands of car accident victims achieve favorable settlements and jury verdicts to help them cover their injuries and damages. You could be our next success story.
- We address our clients’ needs as we would for our own family members. Our attorneys listen to clients’ concerns, answer their questions fully and tailor their legal services for each unique situation. During your case, we will keep you in the loop at all times.
- We take National City car accident cases on a contingency fee basis. Affordability is important to our clients, so it’s important to us. We only bill attorney’s fees on successful cases, and we only ever charge as a percentage of any award won.
Why a Lawyer Is Important for Helping With Insurance Claims in National City
Do not make the mistake of trying to handle your car accident insurance claim alone, without a lawyer’s help. Insurance companies intentionally do not make it easy for victims to recover fair awards. They try their best – sometimes even reverting to bad faith tactics – to save their investors money by minimizing clients’ recoveries. Hiring a lawyer can protect you from these tactics and help you achieve the best possible results during your insurance claim.
A lawyer will know precisely what to expect from the other party’s insurance company and what to do to successfully navigate the claims process. Your attorney can collect evidence proving the insured’s fault for your collision, for example, or documents proving the value of your damages. While you focus on your physical and emotional healing, your National City car accident lawyer can take care of the insurance claims process for you, protecting your rights every step of the way.
NATIONAL CITY CAR ACCIDENT DATA
As car accident lawyers in San Diego County, we make it our business to keep track of the most recent data and statistics about crashes in the area. The more we know about crashes in the local region, the more we can help accident victims. Understanding the most common causes, the state of the drivers, and the most dangerous roadways gives us the opportunity to get to the bottom of each unique car accident case and to offer personalized legal assistance. Learn a few facts about crashes in National City, from the most recent year data is available:
- There were 435 car accident victims injured and killed in National City, California in 2014. Forty-one victims were motorcyclists, 38 were pedestrians, and 15 were bicyclists.
- At least 56 car crashes in 2014 involved alcohol. Five involved drunk drivers under the age of 21, and 14 involved drunk drivers between the ages of 21 and 34. There were 203 total arrests for driving under the influence (DUI) in National City in 2014.
- The most common cause of collisions in National City was speeding, with 84 related fatal and injury crashes in 2014. The second-most common cause was nighttime conditions, with 54 crashes, and the third was hit-and-run (36 crashes).
At The Law Offices of Howard Kitay, we know car accidents don’t only boil down to facts and figures. We’ve come face-to-face with the real, human victims of collisions enough to know that the impacts of car accidents run much deeper than just numbers on the page. They can cause permanent injuries, disabilities, and the deaths of loved ones. After a serious crash in National City, don’t hesitate to contact our team. You may have the right to compensation from a negligent driver, company, government agency, or other party.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT NATIONAL CITY CAR ACCIDENT CLAIMS
We are the best personal injury lawyers when it comes to National City car accident cases and this is because of our excellent understanding of how to execute a plan for your case. The first step in a car accident claim is to file for damages that resulted from the incident. One of our experienced personal injury attorneys can help you guide through this otherwise complicated car accident claim process. In California you will need to file within two years as that is the statute of limitations for car accident claims. Do not be afraid of paying expensive legal fees we work solely on contingency. This means you pay nothing until we win the case for you. Don’t be an accident victim stuck with expensive medical bills we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Compensation Available After a National City Car Accident
One of the most important reasons to hire a National City car accident lawyer after a harmful collision is to maximize your case results. You can feel confident in the outcome of your claim when you hire a lawyer to take over on your behalf. Your lawyer will do everything possible to achieve full compensation for your various losses. In California, the average car accident victim could recover the costs of several different damages.
- Medical expenses. The total past and future costs of your medical bills related to the crash, including any and all procedures, doctor’s visits, specialists, x-rays, tests, medications, medical devices, therapies and rehabilitation.
- Property repairs. An award to reimburse you for the costs of damaged vehicle repairs, or else an amount to match the full pre-crash value of your vehicle if the accident totaled it. A lawyer can connect you to mechanics in National City you can trust.
- Lost income. Most car crashes lead to temporary or permanent lost wages because of serious injuries. Seek recovery for your past lost income while you recovered, as well as any potential future lost capacity to earn if you have a long-term disability.
- Pain and suffering. California civil laws allow you to seek compensation for noneconomic damages, including physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, depression, anxiety, mental anguish, and diminished enjoyment of life.
- Death benefits. If you lost a loved one in an auto accident, your family could be eligible for compensation for funeral and burial arrangements, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses during a wrongful death claim.
Many clients come to us with questions about the potential values of their National City car accident claims. Discussing your case in detail with us is the best way to obtain an accurate value for your case. Searching online for average claim values will not do you any good, as each claim and client is entirely unique. During your free initial consultation, we can review your losses and evaluate what your individual case might be worth. Then, we can explain how we might be able to help you if we accept you as a client.
WHAT OUR FAMILY CAN DO FOR YOURS
Anyone can become a victim of a car crash in National City. Howard Kitay and his team of knowledgeable attorneys specialize in helping car accident victims and their family members in personal injury and wrongful death claims. We’ve helped thousands of clients throughout Southern California over the years and have built a loyal client base through friendly, personalized legal services. Our team has what it takes to carry you through a simple to complex car accident case in National City. For more information, contact us today.