If you have a personal injury and believe someone else is to blame, that person may owe you financial compensation. At the Law Offices of Howard Kitay, we stand up for victims of negligence in Santee and throughout Southern California. We are passionate about holding negligent parties accountable for their actions through aggressive legal representation. Find out if we can secure your family financial compensation today. Schedule a free consultation 24/7 at (619) 333-1563.
What Makes Our Santee Lawyers Unique?
- We have spent decades practicing the complex area of personal injury law. We can easily tackle the complicated claims process on your behalf while you focus on healing.
- We use proven legal strategies to secure top outcomes. We have obtained record-setting results, including a $7.5 million trial verdict for an injured motorcyclist.
- We value open and honest communication during the claims process. Our attorneys will always be available to answer your case-related questions.
- We take Santee personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis. Our attorneys only charge their clients legal fees if they win the case.
What Does a Santee Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
A Santee personal injury lawyer will be your protector and advocate during the personal injury claims process. Your lawyer is someone you can trust to protect your rights and stand up against insurance claims adjusters when they try to take advantage of you. A lawyer can improve your chances of settling for a fair amount with an insurer. If your case cannot settle, your lawyer can represent you during an injury trial in Santee instead.
How a Lawyer Will Help You With an Injury Case in Santee
It is important to hire a lawyer to represent you during a personal injury case. If you choose to represent yourself, an insurance company will take this as an invitation to treat you unfairly and see how little it can offer for your losses. If this is your first time dealing with the insurance claims process in California, you may fall for bad-faith insurance tactics such as offering a lowball settlement or denying your valid claim. With help from an attorney, on the other hand, you can go head-to-head with an insurance company with confidence. A lawyer can help by taking care of many tasks connected to your injury case for you.
- Listen to your story and answer your legal questions honestly and accurately.
- Investigate your personal injury accident in Santee.
- Identify the defendant(s) in your case.
- Level the playing field between you and an insurance provider.
- Use years of experience, knowledge and wisdom to properly handle your accident claim.
- Collect evidence of the defendant’s negligence to strengthen your case.
- Increase the amount offered by an insurance company with the ability to go to court.
- Take your personal injury claim to trial in Santee, if necessary.
These are common examples of some of the actions a Santee personal injury lawyer can take on your behalf. For a more comprehensive idea of what your lawyer can do for your specific case, consult with an attorney at the Law Offices of Howard Kitay. Our lawyers are passionate about the clients they represent and obtaining maximum compensation for each of them. We will do everything it takes to secure the results we believe you deserve.
Types of Cases We Accept in Santee, CA
Attorney Howard Kitay has been practicing personal injury law in the San Diego area since 1989. He and his associates have the knowledge and experience to take on many different types of personal injury claims. Whether you already have proof that someone wronged you or are simply curious about whether you have a claim, contact us to discuss your specific situation in more detail.
- Automobile accidents
- Bus and truck accidents
- Catastrophic injury claims
- Dog attacks
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises liability
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip and falls
- Truck Accidents
- Defective products
- Wrongful death
Our attorneys genuinely care about injured accident victims in Santee. We put in the time, hard work, and resources to build strong cases on behalf of our clients. Our attorneys are happy to answer your questions and guide you carefully through the claims process, starting with a 100% free initial consultation.
Act Now – You Have a Statute of Limitations to File
In general, an injured person in California has no more than two years from the date of the injury to file a claim. This is the statute of limitations on most personal injury claims in the state. If you wait too long, you may lose your right to hold a defendant accountable for your damages. Some claims, however, have shorter statutes of limitations. This includes a claim that names the government as a defendant. Contact the Law Offices of Howard Kitay as soon as possible to make sure you meet your filing deadline.
Compensation Available for an Injured Accident Victim
A personal injury cause of action gives you the chance to obtain compensation from a defendant. The civil justice system offers money damages to a plaintiff who can prove a defendant’s fault for causing his or her injuries. The compensation available in your case could include an amount for your pain and suffering, past and future lost wages, medical bills, property repairs, emotional injuries, and more.
What Are Common Damages in a Personal Injury Claim in Santee?
Before you file your personal injury case, you need to understand the damages for which you can seek compensation from the negligent party. While every case is unique, most personal injury claims share several of the same types of damages. The civil justice system in California organizes all damages available during a personal injury case into three main categories. Cataloging your damages within these categories may take help from a lawyer.
- Compensatory damages – economic. Economic damages in a personal injury claim encompass all of the costs of the accident and injury. They refer to any financial impact the accident had on the victim, as well as how much money it will take to make the victim whole again. Common economic damages sought during a personal injury claim in Santee are medical expenses, lost wages, and property damages.
- Compensatory damages – non-economic. Noneconomic damages also serve to make a victim whole again, but they focus on emotional and other nonphysical damages rather than economic damages. Noneconomic damages in a personal injury case include emotional distress, mental anguish, physical pain, lost quality of life, loss of consortium, and grief.
- Punitive damages. The two types of awards in a personal injury case in California are compensatory and punitive. Compensatory damages make up for a victim’s losses. Punitive damages have to do with the defendant, instead. A personal injury case might receive a punitive damage award on top of the victim’s compensatory damages if the defendant committed an act of gross negligence or acted with a wanton disregard or intent to harm.
The value of your Santee personal injury case will depend on the extent and variety of your damages. A lawyer from our personal injury law firm can go through and document all of the damages connected to your accident. We will make sure you list every single way in which the accident and injury have impacted you – physically, financially, and emotionally. Then, we will go up against the defendant on your behalf to demand a fair amount for your damages. We will not allow the defendant’s insurance company to get away with offering you a lowball settlement.
Contact Our Santee Personal Injury Lawyers for Free
Discuss the value of your Santee personal injury claim with our local attorneys at no cost today. One or more parties may owe you money for negligently or recklessly causing your accident. It is especially important to contact a lawyer if you have severe or catastrophic injuries. You have more to lose by representing yourself. Contact us 24/7 to request a private meeting with a Santee personal injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Howard Kitay.